Google is Retiring the Google My Business (GMB) App
In 2021, Google updated Google My Business, allowing users to manage their business profile exclusively through Maps and Search. The switch made it easier for businesses to update information directly from different apps or devices. Overall, the reception was positive and gave users more flexibility in managing their business profiles.
Out with the GMB App, In with the Map App
Google has announced that it is retiring the GMB app and redirecting mobile users to manage their business profiles through the Maps app. Businesses will also use Google Search to manage their business profile.
The good news is that the transition will not affect how people interact with a Google Business Profile. It will only improve the way business owners access their GMB accounts from any desktop or mobile device. Larger businesses still get full support from the Google Business Profile Manager.
Features and Benefits of the Google Map GMB App
The new Google Map App offers several features and benefits, including
- Claim and verify your Business Profile without leaving the app.
- Edit information about your business, including business address, contact information, and main & holiday business hours.
- Add photos, post updates, and share announcements.
- Receive messages and chat with customers in real-time.
- Get notifications when you receive a new message or review about your business.
- Solicit and reply to reviews from customers.
- Promote your business to customers with offers and ads.
- Receive updates to understand how your business is doing on Google.
To get started, sign in to the Google Maps app, or download it from Google Play or the App Store.
Buy One to Three More Houses Every Month With Our Motivated Seller Prospects Online Marketing Program
Magnyfi can help you get more qualified motivated seller leads through various paid and organic online marketing strategies. Learn more about how we can help you implement the Motivated Seller Prospects Online Marketing Program in your area.
To check the availability of your market, fill out our application form or contact us at 877-399-2259, and we will walk you through the process. We only work with a limited number of investors per area, so claim your market today!